Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A FEW UPDATES

REHEARSAL ON FRIDAY IS CANCELED, October 8th:
You all are doing so great!  I am so proud of you.  We have pretty much  made it through all three scenes in Act 1 and are slightly ahead of the game.  I'm giving you all a night off to study your lines and come to rehearsal on Saturday refreshed!!  I just need those in Act 2, Scene 1 on Saturday from 11:00 - 1:00.

BE THERE EARLY ON WEDNESDAY, October 6th:
Our costume designer has pulled some costumes for you to try on.  If you could go directly to the auditorium after school and plan to try on costumes, it would be helpful.  Our costume designer will be there at 3:15.  I'd love to feel really good about Act 1 and your costumes before embarking on the weekend.  I will be there as soon as I can get there after work.  I'd love to get started on things right at 4:30, for I want to let you go a little before 6:00.

PLAN FOR SATURDAY:

I am using the Man Who Came to Dinner set for our show.  I am going to need to re-paint this and make it more spooky, but the great thing is most of what we need is already on stage -- it just needs to be re-assembled.  These flats are all backstage, but I just cannot lift them.  If I could have a few dads to help me on Saturday morning from 9:00-11:00, it would be helpful.  If we need to wait until next Saturday to do this, I would be willing -- but if you are an ADULT WHO CAN HELP LIFT AND HAMMER/SCREW THINGS TOGETHER and CAN BE THERE THIS SATURDAY, please email me to let me know.  If we can't get a good turn out, we will just work really hard the following Saturday.
email: cindyrella4jc@mac.com

STILL LOOKING FOR A FEW THINGS:
We are in need of a few things for the set -- do you know of any where we could get these things?
-couch
-loveseat
-two chairs (parlor type chairs that would sit in a living toom
-two small tables (large enough to put a vase, etc. on)
-chandelier
-table & chairs (for the kitchen)
-french doors (this isn't absolutely necessary - we might have something like this backstage)
-any kind of "gothic"/English decor we could put in a house (old picture frames, old vase, table centerpiece - I am open to suggestions!)

WANT TO SEE MISS WILMES IN A SHOW??
I am in The Pajama Game at Miami University Hamilton this weekend, October 7-10th.  I am playing the role of "Poopsie" and am singing, dancing, and acting my way through this old fashioned musical.  Interested in seeing the show?  Get more information here:  www.ghctplay.com

That's it for now!
KUDOS TO THOSE WHO HAVE THEIR LINES MEMORIZED!!