Thursday, October 7, 2010

Director's Note: October 7, 2010

Hello WMS theater family!

Thank you again to Amy Elliott who has been a tremendous help as my parent coordinator.  She has used her organizational skills to take over this side of the production for me in a short amount of time.  I appreciate all of YOUR help as parents, and I could not do this without you.  We have jumped off to a racing start, as just in two weeks we have held auditions, call backs, a parent meeting and have already blocked the first half of the show!  We are making good time!!  I hope your kids are having as much fun as I am.

As the blog stated, as well as what Amy mentioned, this Saturday we will begin working on the set from 9:00 - 11:00.  I have been told all the flats we need are on the back half of the stage, so if we could at least get some help to move these and set up a framework of the set (hopefully screwing/nailing things together) and to see what we will need for the next 2 Saturdays, it would help tons.  If you have any set pieces such as a couch, love seat, end tables, or a table/chairs that we could borrow until the end of the month, feel free to drop it off on Saturday or shoot me an email.  We also will begin working on Act 2, Scene 1 on Saturday from 11:00 - 1:00 with the kids.  *If you are unsure your child needs to be there, please check the updated rehearsal calendar that was in your parent meeting (or have your child check his/her script).

If you need an extra copy of the parent meeting document, please see the attachment that was sent via email (this entire document is too large to post online).


If your child has not received his/her script yet - he/she will receive it at rehearsal.  I believe I have been able to work with everyone by Monday's rehearsal, so this should not be a problem.  As stated on the blog, your child could have stopped by any of our rehearsals after school to get his/her script.  If I won't see you until Monday afternoon and you would like to look at your script before Monday's rehearsal, let me know, and I can leave this in the secretary's mailbox on Saturday morning when I am there (or feel free to stop by to WMS anytime between 9:00 - 1:00).  Don't forget to keep selling tickets and to turn in your cast/crew bio by this Monday!

I want to once again thank you for entrusting me to your students.  I have LOVED working with all of you thus far, and I look forward to a very theatrical fun-filled year!

PS:  I am singing, dancing, and acting my way through The Pajama Game this weekend at Miami University Hamilton.  I do believe your strings teacher from WMS is playing in our orchestra!!  Very neat!  Interested?  www.ghctplay.com

Have a great weekend,
Cindy Wilmes