Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stage Crew

First and foremost, thank you to all who submitted resumes to be a part of tech crew.  I am trying something new this year due to feedback and experiences from past shows.  From a director's standpoint, I wanted students who really wanted to be on tech crew, not just students who were not cast in the play and automatically fell into the category of stage crew.  In order to achieve this, I decided to initiate an interview process, along with the creation of a resume and a specific audition form after auditions for the musical.  I have had trouble in the past with tech crew students running around the theater instead of taking care of their assigned tasks and showing leadership qualities.  To try to change that, I wanted tech crew students to actually audition and turn in resumes like all of the other students have to do in order to be considered for a role in the play.  Being a part of the tech crew comes with some very heavy responsibilities, as I count on these students to help make the show even better.   I take this very seriously and want each student to know that their role on tech crew is as important as any other cast or crew member.

With this said, every student who turned in an audition form and resume received an interview.  He or she was interviewed one-on-one by our Stage Manager, as well as met with the director.  On the blog entry giving the audition form for stage crew, I stated that I was only looking to fill 5-10 roles.  Unfortunately, I could not cast everyone.  Please know that the final decision was made by the director, after reviewing all resumes, audition forms, audition notes, as well as considering behavior and leadership within the interviews.  No stage crew roles were pre-cast except my Stage Manager, whom I chose before beginning the show process.  This role is designated by the director, just like Hair, Costumes, Make-up, etc.  These students have been working directly with me since the beginning of the rehearsal process.

I had some excited students who were interested in tech crew, and I thank you for your interest.  Please know that just like the play, I had several really talented students who auditioned, but I could not cast everyone.  Due to our time frame and our on and off stage area, I can only cast a limited number of students.   I would encourage you to audition in the future for the role you have in mind - whether on stage or behind the scenes.

For those that were cast, I am excited to embark on this journey together.  Please see below for the final list of additions to our wonderful team!!  TECH CREW:  Due to Mark Wood's concert on Friday, you are not required to come until this Saturday at 9:00.  Please watch for communication from our Stage Manager for more details.

Stage Manager: Alexander Nocks
Assistant Stage Manager/Lights: Sean Madden
Backstage Manager: Seth DeWitt
Green Room Manager: Audrey Eymen
Sound: Caroline Theile
Stage Right: Sophia Abrams
Stage Managers in Training: Joel Engelhardt and Grace Hitt