Friday, January 27, 2012

Rehearsal Saturday & Monday

Hello students/parents!

I hope each of you are having a great week!  I think we could all say that it was a busy one -- I could tell the kids were exhausted even on Tuesday!  With that said, please encourage them to get some rest.  The next two weeks are going to be mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausting.

PARENTS:  
Please be aware that the last few rehearsals have been not up to par due to continuous talking and students not knowing choreography, lyrics, or their lines.  We are now LESS THAN TWO WEEKS before the show.  We are starting to add interruptions such as costumes, lights, set pieces -- but these little tweaks the students are exposed to each rehearsal is throwing their concentration.  It takes me an additional five minutes to regain their focus -- and unfortunately, no one has the extra time.

Please work with your child on their songs, lyrics, and choreography.  Test them -- let them SING AND DANCE for you.  I am finding when we put the two together and run numbers, neither turns out well.  I KNOW EACH CHILD CAN DO THIS.  Having cast each of them, I believe each of them have the potential to put on a great show.  However, the "I got this, I don't need to practice" attitude and the continuous talking needs to stop.

REHEARSAL SATURDAY:
As discovered this week at rehearsals, 70-80% of my cast is not available on Saturday.  Possibly 1/4th of these conflicts were listed on the audition form.  Knowing of some Wyoming events on Saturday when I planned the calendar, it was scheduled as a "TBA" rehearsal.  However, we are getting close to the wire and need every rehearsal we can get.  At this point, the rehearsal on Saturday will be focused with more of the leads acting and singing-wise.  Please note the schedule below:
  • 9:00 - 11:30:  Set Building - come join the fun!
  • 11:30 - 12:30:  CAT
  • 12:30 - 1:30:  Ida, Drake, and 4 Ducklings
  • 1:30 - 2:00: IDA
I realize there are several Wyoming activities on Saturday, and I am willing to be flexible -- BUT, with my giving of this additional rehearsal to miss, each students HAS to bring their A-GAME in the rehearsals to come.  Please be aware that there may be an additional rehearsal added or time added after rehearsals if things do not improve.  I would hate to do this, as we all have a very long two weeks ahead -- so let's work together as as team and nail this show!

REHEARSAL MONDAY:
This rehearsal will be for EVERY PERSON in "Warts and All" and "Wild Goose Chase".  If you not in these numbers, please don't come to rehearsal -- unless you are contacted by costumes to attend.  This is ALSO for every person that is singing backstage with mics - you need to be there and know the lyrics.  In case you forgot who you are, here is the list:  Melissa, Janey, Monica, Anna, Deja, Margot.  I need every dancer, singer, and actor in these numbers the entire time on Monday from 3:30 - 6:00.  If you are not present on Monday for this rehearsal, you will be cut from the number.  I also may move you around in the number, if needed.  Bring your A-GAME and prove you want this.

NO MORE BOOKS, period.

Students -- you got this.  I believe in you, but I am going to push you these next 9 rehearsals.
Miss Cindy