Monday, January 16, 2012

No Monday Rehearsal: Enjoy!

Hi students!

I first wanted to thank you for a great two weeks of rehearsals!  I have taught you almost all of Act 1!  Thursday night, we were able to run most of Act 1 - so I am confident you know the material.  You have worked very hard, and I appreciate that.  With that said, like I suggested at rehearsals this weekend, I am going to give you the night off on Monday, January 16th.  We have several students out of town, as well as a handful of kids sick.  I am hoping the time off will prove beneficial in the long run as we continue to push forward.

With that said, here are a few reminders:

  • Students that have been sick and/or missed rehearsals:  YOU MUST get with a student in your scenes on your own time to learn the choreography/blocking.  I can show you where you stand in formations, but it is your responsibility to learn the number on your own time.
  • At this point in the game, I may begin to move people around or remove people from dances -- IF I can tell that they do not know the number.  It is not fair to the other students that have been there and/or are towards the front when there are others around them that are completely lost.  I am not expecting perfection yet, but we only have so many rehearsals left.  As I have mentioned at rehearsals, it would be wise of each of you to practice on your own time.  This is extremely important!
  • If you are stuck on dance moves for numbers that I have taught you, please see/follow Anna Z. or Melissa Campbell for all Barnyard Numbers & Maddie Henke for Wild Goose Chase. 
  • WILD GOOSE CHASE:
    • Please review on your own time BEFORE coming to rehearsals.
    • Maddie Henke is my dance captain on this - please see her if you have questions.
    • The practice kazoo that you were given needs to be brought back with you at rehearsals.  I would recommend putting your name on this and sticking this in your laundry basket.
    • There is only a few steps left that I need to teach you.  On Saturday, when all my dancers are already there (leads [Greyleg, Dot, & Cat DO NOT need to be there], I will teach you the ending and see what you know.  I will probably do this on Saturday from 1:15 - 1:45.  So, Warts & All AND Wild Goose Chase dancers - this Saturday is a big rehearsal for you! 
  • LAUNDRY BASKETS, BIOS, & Costume Sheets are overdue!  If you have not yet turned these in or put your basket in the green room, please do this no later than Tuesday!
  • NO BOOKS on Act 1 from here on out!!  You need to be memorized.  Students -- and especially Ensemble -- please look at those lyrics.  The vocals of my big group numbers need to be really strong vocally.  Leads -- please know that if you are not in a number on stage, you will be singing in the wings offstage.  I need your voices! :)

SCHEDULE:
Everything on the calendar is staying the same; however, please note that I would like to also call my leads Dot, Greyleg, and my 4 Cadets to Monday January 23rd's rehearsal from 5:00 - 6:00.  If you are able to make it, I would love to work on the Blizzard from 3:30 - 5:15 (as planned) & scene 4 from 5:15 - 6:00.  All students called that night, please plan to stay until 6:00 as on the schedule.  Dot, Greyleg, and my 4 Cadets, please arrive at 5:00, if you are able.

Great job thus far, gang!
Miss Wilmes