Tuesday, December 13, 2011

CALLBACK LIST

Congratulations to all who auditioned tonight for Honk Jr.!  It takes extreme confidence to audition in front of your peers and an educator, so thank you to all who stepped up to audition.  I am so proud of you!  Please know that there were almost 80 students who auditioned.  I am thrilled with the interest in WMS drama!  The overwhelming response to auditions for a school musical is certainly exciting.

With that said, PLEASE KNOW:  Even if you do not see your name on the callback list below, please check the final cast list that will be posted no later than noon on Saturday, December 17th.  As I explained to each group at auditions, if you are invited to callbacks, I need to see you again before I make final decisions.  It does not mean that you are cast if you have been asked to callbacks; whereas, it also does not mean that you are not cast if you aren't invited to callbacks.

THINGS TO REMEMBER FOR CALLBACKS:

  • BRING YOUR A-GAME.  I have some tough decisions to make.  I need you to show me what you will bring to the stage.
  • BE PATIENT.  I have the auditorium for three hours on Wednesday for callbacks.  In case I need the entire time, it does mean that you will sit for awhile.  Please bring something to work on -- a book to read, video games, homework, etc.  I will call students into the auditorium as needed, so be prepared to spend time in the hallway waiting.  Remember, you are still auditioning for me as you are waiting for your turn.  I am looking for responsible students.  I will dismiss students when they are finished.
  • IF POSSIBLE, bring a cell phone.  I realize that this may be impossible for younger students.  Parents, please feel free to stay and wait with your child if you prefer not to leave them.  I will have parent volunteers with students in the hallway, while I am inside with callback groups.  I will dismiss kids as soon as I can, as I realize it is a school night.
  • BE PREPARED.  It would be very wise of you to look at songs from the show, as most decisions will come down to singing.  YouTube Honk Jr. and check out the show itself at www.MTIshows.com
    • GIRLS:  Look at: "Joys of Motherhood", "Wild Goose Chase", "Play with Your Food"
    • BOYS:  Look at:  "Different", "Wild Goose Chase", "Warts and All"
      • I don't expect all of these songs to be perfect, but regardless, it would be smart of you to check out songs from a show if you are invited to callbacks.  It helps you understand more of the character, as well as shows you possible vocal ranges.
  • KNOW THAT SOME PEOPLE MAY HAVE MORE TIME AT CALLBACKS THAN YOU:  This does not mean that you are not good or that you didn't make the show, it just means that I might have already decided your role.  The best thing that you can do is trust the director :)
  • YOU DON'T NEED TO OFFICIALLY PREPARE ANYTHING.  I will provide scripts for you to read from, as well as music.  You don't need to prepare anything additional, unless I have asked you.

IF YOU SEE YOUR NAME ON THE CALLBACK LIST BELOW, please plan to be at callbacks on Wednesday, December 14th from 6:00 - 9:00 in the WMS auditorium.


CALLBACK LIST: 

Jadyn Collinsworth
Ellie Donnelly
Gabrielle Blade
Symantha Rathbone
Kaelyn Cortes
Isabella De Jesus
Evan Morley
Elijah Feazell
Melissa Campbell
Ethan Kahn
Jacob Olausen
Alex Kopnick
Nicholas Denson
Matthew Bonner
Ian Fridy
David Easton
Christian Robles
Gareth Norris
Nolan Morley
Sam Hunter
Lia Thomas
Maddie Henke
Monica Unzueta
Ella Hipsley
Deja Gause
Addison Burke
Elena Skidmore
Tess Young
Terra Forsythe
Anna Zidarescu
Lucy Walton
Olivia Ardo
Asia Blue Jones
Ellen Boster
Margot Grom
Madeleine Morstadt
Janey Elliott
Olivia Newfarth
Caroline Theile