Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vandalism

Hello parents,

I am sure by now your students have told you that the green room was vandalized over the long weekend.  I did not know about this until after rehearsal on Monday when I was approached by a parent volunteer for that evening.  I just wanted to apologize to you, as there was an inappropriate word spray painted on the walls.  Unfortunately, we had costume fittings on Monday, so all of the kids saw it before I did at the end of rehearsal. 

Please know that Mr. Overbey was contacted after our rehearsal on Monday, and he assured me that he would take care of this.  Ellen and I were in the costume room until late on Saturday afternoon and locked everything up when we left.  When I left on Saturday, the green room was fine.  The deed was done between late afternoon on Saturday to before our rehearsal at 5:00 on Monday.  The school is looking into this.  For now, please stay posted.  None of the costumes were ruined (thank goodness!), but the mirrors, walls, a table, and the monitor were damaged.

No one should feel unsafe when attending rehearsal.  I am very glad that we have kept the inside doors locked and instituted the sign in/sign out process.  With all the students entering and exiting from the main front door, I can continue to account for all of my students and prove their innocence in such a case as this.  For that, I am thankful.

I certainly do not believe that any of my students did this -- however, if you have any information on this, please contact myself or the administration.

Thank you!
Miss Wilmes