Tuesday, January 25, 2011

REHEARSAL TUESDAY, January 25th

Hello gang,

I am sorry for the late posting, but I have been in meetings almost all day.  Due to the amount of talking and stopping I am having to do at rehearsals, we are now behind.  I am requesting that I only have the following people at rehearsal tonight (see below).  If you show up for rehearsal and are not one of the cast members mentioned, you will need to call your parents and have them pick you up.  The amount of talking at rehearsals and not paying attention is putting us behind, and we cannot afford that. 

I have said it time and time again, but all of you are responsible students.  I have cast you in this show because I believe in you.  I know that you are able to hold your own and not be babysat every two seconds of rehearsal, but every time I stop to fix something with a character that is not you, everyone uses that as an excuse to talk to their neighbor.  In order to have a successful show, the talking and distractions have to stop.  I have some very neat things that I want to do with my cast that is not in the script, but at this point, I am unsure if we will get there if we continue at this rate.  We open 2 weeks from Thursday!!

I need the following people for tonight:
Shang
Ling
Yao
Qian-Po
Chi-Fu
Mulan
Mushu
Cricket
5 Ancestors

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE ABOVE LIST, please do not come to rehearsal.  If you are one of the few people asked to try on costumes from Miss Ellen, you can go down to the costume room, but please have a ride for as soon as you finish.  I am running a CLOSED REHEARSAL tonight to catch us up.

Thanks!
Miss Wilmes