Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PLEASE READ FIRST: Director's Note


PLEASE READ FIRST: 
              
Thank you to all who auditioned!  I had close to sixty acts audition for me and was amazed at the talent level of each act.  Please know that if you or your group was not cast it is not due to the fact that you are not talented.  Casting is a very difficult process, and I took this task very seriously.  Several factors went into casting this show.  I did my best to work in as many acts in the time allotted, but please know that there was just not enough time to include everyone.  If your group was not cast, I would encourage you to audition again, and I look forward to seeing you in the future!!  If you were cast, you still have some hard work ahead of you, as we have a show to put on in two and a half weeks!! 

There are several posts you need to look at:

WML TALENT SHOW ORDER

      This list is the final list of the show order, listing the group title and members in the group.   
     
      PLEASE NOTE**:  If you have two stars next to your group, you have been cast in the talent show with a contingency – meaning, if you agree to my tweak of your act, you are cast in the show.  Please trust me, as these additional tweaks will help raise our show to a higher level while fitting in the Saturday Night Theme of our show.

      CONTINGENCY CAST LIST
      As stated above, in order to accommodate the several acts that have auditioned, as well as to stick the central theme of the show, I have cast you and your groups in the talent show based on the contengencies mentioned below.  I will talk through this with you at your rehearsals with me, but please know you are only cast in the talent show if you agree to these changes below.  Please do not think of these as changes, but as “tweaks”.  I believe these tweaks mentioned will take our show even a step farther!! 

      ADDITIONAL ROLES
      As mentioned on the audition sheet, I was looking for some additional group numbers that I wanted to create.   Based on auditions, I have cast these additional numbers/roles to help our transitions into a SNL-themed show.  Please see this list, as you might be in an addition number and/or needed in another part of the show.

Thank you to all who auditioned!  I am very proud of each of you. It takes bravery to audition.  Thank you for your preparedness and creativity for auditions.  I look forward to working with each of you.

Miss Wilmes