Monday, April 25, 2011

CONTINGENCY CAST LIST


GROUPS CAST WITH CONTENGENCIES:

In order to accommodate the several acts that have auditioned, as well as to stick the central theme of the show, I have cast you and your groups in the talent show based on the contengencies mentioned below.  I will talk through this with you at your rehearsals with me, but please know you are only cast in the talent show if you agree to these changes below.  Please do not think of these as changes, but as “tweaks”.  I believe these tweaks mentioned will take our show even a step farther!!  I am very proud of you and want to take your talent even a step further to make this show even greater than you imagined.  
 
If you decide to decline your role in WMS live, please email me at wmstheater@gmail.com by Wednesday, April 27 at 10:00 am.

2.  100 Years (piano solo):**
Gracie Gibbons
              During part of your piano solo, there will be a pre-recorded voice-over introducing the celebrity guest-stars.  This will probably happen in the middle of your song.   You will start playing then halfway through, the introduction will happen over your piano playing then you will finish by yourself.  This will not interrupt your playing.

7.  COMMERCIAL BREAK**
SKIT:
  Christian Robles, Margot Grom, Linsay Sasson, Nicholas Densen, Cole Bradley, Adam Krodel
              I love the idea of a commercial break; however, I would like to keep the Subway commercial more true to the original Subway commercial.  Here are some ideas (these are only 30 seconds each, so feel free to do both.  I can provide the original Subway theme music before or after or in between, but you will need to set the stage, as well as be the announcer).  Please feel free to contact me via email.

8.  SKIT:  Baking a Cake**
Allie Bower, Ana Buck-Lopez, Mackenzie Jacquemin, Hannah Fridy, Sara Sasson
              I really want to have you dress up as Superheros for this.  You are at “Superhero Camp” where your director is trying to get you back to Acting 101.  Please incorporate that into the first few seconds of your skit.  You have failed as superheros, so your director is getting you back to the basics.  Superhero costume ideas: (feel free to be creative) – Stuck? Examples:  WonderWoman, CatWoman, Invisible Woman, SuperGirl, BatWoman. 

  9.  SONG:  Superman**
Andrew Marty
            Andrew, I would like you to wear a Superman t-shirt.  If you would like, you can dress up as Superman, but I would love even just a Superman t-shirt.

10.  DANCE: **
Alexis Tyree and Cheyenne Collins
              I need to change your song due to inappropriate language.  If you still want to dance in the talent show, you can dance to Queen’s Flash, Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” or Footloose’s “Holding Out for a Hero”.  I need to see your final choreography to the above song you choose at rehearsal.  This will need to be finalized before you come to rehearsal with me.

13.  SKIT:  Bus Stop Boys**
Herbert Meisner, Adam Frankel, Natalie Soulyrette
              I would like to make this a bit more funny – Adam, since you are pretending to be a girl in this, you need to play this up a bit more (example:  put on a wig, lipstick, high heels) and act like it.  If you woud like, Herbert and Adam switch places. 

17.  CHEESE RAP**
Thomas Harmon and Jason Krause
              Please be prepared to do this as you performed for me then again really fast, as we talked about at auditions.  There is a possibility I might add drums to the beat, as well.

18.  SONG:  Rollin’ in the Deep**
Jaye Johnson, Claire Mellott, Emma Tepe, Cecily Myers, Janey Elliott, Melissa Campbell
              I would like to give this number a swanky jazz number feel by making this a girl’s group number.  I am adding in some vocals to give this a back-up jazz club feel, and I might add a few choreography steps as well.  I would like to include more girls into this number.  I also would like a sense of 1940s feel with your costumes – think black dress, heels, maybe a little hat or gloves.

24.  SONG:  “The Best Day”**
Maggie Hughes, Emily Wadds, Hope Dow
            I might shorten this a bit, as you mentioned at auditions.  I also might add volume to the verses by having some of you sing some of the verses together instead of by yourself.  We will decide this at rehearsals. 

28.  PIANO SOLO:  Sonatina in C Major**
            Please know that you will be playing while the stage is being set up.  If possible (but not mandatory), I would like you to wear some kind of restaurant apron to blend in with the staff of the café  - we will talk about this at rehearsal.

29.  SKIT:  BEGINNING OF THE CRAZY CAFÉ**
Ellen Boster, Emi Wu, Grace Steiner, Annabelle Steiner
              Please know that you will start this skit then exit.  You will then come back on stage to finish your skit after the “Save Broadway skit”.  We will determine the break in your skit at rehearsal.

31.  DANCE:  Bollywood Live!**
Noelle Poole, Ella Hipsley, Adison Burke, Lucy Walton, Ryba Napora, Katie Brown, Meera Patel
             I would like to clean up the choreography and spacing a bit and might move a few students around – just a little tweaking.

34.  DON’T STOP BELIEVING:  8th Grade Flash Mob**
Nathaniel Hipsley, Sara Sasson, Allie Bower, Mackenzie Jacquemin, Ann Bucks, Hannah Fridy, Roslyn Rathbone, Natalie Soulyrette, Asa Pranikoff, Elise Hurwitz, Isabelle Andersen, Maggie Hughes, Kayla Waldroy, Will Courtney
            Please know that you might not be able to sit in chairs in the auditorium.  You might have to kneel or stand in parts of the auditorium, due to probably having a full house.  I love the idea of a flash mob.  I will probably have you start w/o music then once you get on stage, I might add in music to sing and dance to.  I also would like to space you across the stage and clean choreography a bit.  Great job!