Wednesday, September 22, 2010

FAQs


Hello WMS friends!

Thank you for welcoming me into your WMS family.  I have heard from several families, which makes me realize that this blog is being viewed and you all are as excited as I am to get started with our production season!  Please continue to check back to this blog often as it contains pertinent information.  Your may find your questions answered here -- but if you do not, please feel free to drop me an email with your questions/concerns.

Here are some FAQs I've noticed so far:
*My child is in 5th or 6th grade -- can he/she audition for the fall play?
No - I'm sorry.  The fall play is ONLY for 7th and 8th graders.  However, don't get too discouraged, for both the musical and the variety/talent show is for 5th - 8th graders.  Your child does not need to audition for me at this time.

*When are auditions for the spring musical?
I will announce auditions for the spring musical AFTER the school play.  It will more than likely be during the last week of school before Wyoming breaks for the holidays (that way, everyone can come back from Christmas break prepared!)  Don't worry -- I'll be posting more information on that later.  Just keep checking the website and come see the fall show!

*Can I (the parent) volunteer to help with the show even though my child is in 5th or 6th grade?
ABSOLUTELY!!  I need all the help I can get.  In fact, it would only be to you and your family's advantage to volunteer with the fall show.  It always helps to show your face and prove that you are a good volunteer and a team player.  I would rather the 5th and 6th graders come watch the show instead of helping - let's leave the volunteering to the parents.

*I want to be a stage ninja -- what do I do??
If you would like to work backstage, please go ahead and email me.  I also need an audition form from you to give me your contact information and conflicts.  You can attach it and send it via email -- but it would help if I could meet you.  You can show up auditions (if possible) but do not need to prepare a monologue.  I'd love to introduce myself to you and have you do the same.  Please be specific on what you would like to do:  stage crew, lights, sound, costumes, props, etc.

*How many students are going to be a part of the show?
There are 20 roles in this show - some larger than others.  At the moment, I am leaning towards casting 20 people plus at least 10 stage crew hands.  I am also looking for students to help lead backstage in various roles but especially need responsible students in the following roles: stage manager, head lighting honcho, and sound guru.  I will also have parents in this area too, but if you feel confident you can manage these positions as a student, send me your resume and try to make it to auditions to let me meet you.