Sunday, September 26, 2010

CALLBACKS

CONGRATULATIONS to all who auditioned.  I was thoroughly impressed with the talent that showed up at auditions, and I am excited to work on this show with you.  I am going to invite all 26 of you to come back to call backs on Monday evening from 4:30 - 6:00.  Please read below, as you will need to know this information BEFORE coming to callbacks tomorrow night.

WHAT ARE CALLBACKS?
This is "Auditions Part 2".  You get the chance to know show me your character while reading from the script.  I will bring copies of the scenes I wish for you to read at callbacks, as well as I will know who I want you to read for and will guide you through our hour and half tomorrow.  Please note that it may seem that some people are reading more than others - that could mean that I have already decided what role/area of the show I want you to be in based on your initial audition.  I want callbacks to be a learning experience for all, so I gratefully am inviting you all to attend callbacks.  Please be patient with me and be on your best behavior.  You are still "auditioning" for me as we sit in the theater together.

BE READY AT 4:30:
I am coming straight from my day job, so please be ready for me right at 4:30.  You should be ready to start performing right at 4:30.  We will all be in the theater together.  Please sign-in with the adult out front before entering the auditorium.

BRING YOUR A-GAME!
The competition is tough.  You will need to do absolutely everything to show me that you want to be in this show and can do the role I have you read for at callbacks. 

Need some suggestions of how to be prepared for tomorrow?
-READ & RE-READ the cast of character list
-work on your British & Irish accents and brush up on how a Vampire talks
-speak clearly and not too quickly while reading for me tomorrow
-project your voices so that they fill up the entire theater
-be your character!  I rather have you show me you can be "over the top" than not enough.

I am excited to see what you can do tomorrow!!
YOU CAN DO THIS!