Saturday, September 24, 2011

CALLBACKS

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST:
CONGRATULATIONS
to all who auditioned.  It takes a lot of guts to stand up and audition on a bare stage in front of an adult and your peers.  Regardless, you have won!  Having the confidence to prepare for an audition and follow through shows character and responsibility.  I was thoroughly impressed with the talent that showed up at auditions, and I am excited to work on this show with you.  Last year, I had 30 students audition for 20 roles for our fall show, The Canterville Ghost.  This year, I choose a show that had additional roles to accommodate a larger cast size; however, I had 42 students audition.  I am incredibly thrilled with the growing interest to be involved with the WMS Drama Department, but regretfully, I cannot cast everyone.  Regardless, please check the final cast list that will be posted Wednesday night by midnight.

WHAT ARE CALLBACKS?
This is "Auditions Part 2".  If your name is on the list below, you get the chance to show me your character while reading from the script.  I will bring copies of the scenes I wish for you to read at callbacks, as well as I will know who I want you to read for and will guide you through our time on Monday.

**PLEASE NOTE:  It may seem that some people are reading more than others - that could mean that I have already decided what role/area of the show I want you to be in based on your initial audition or that I am trying to decide what part a person should be.  I want callbacks to be a learning experience for all.  Please be patient with me and be on your best behavior.  You are still "auditioning" for me as we sit in the theater together. 

BE READY AT 3:30:
You should be ready to start performing right at 3:30.  Please bring something to work on, as there will be downtime throughout the evening.  It would be wise of you to bring something to keep you busy (i.e., homework, a book to read, etc.).  Not all students will have to stay until 5:30.  You may be finished early, so please be prepared to leave the school earlier than 5:30, if needed.  When you arrive, please sign-in with the adult in front of the auditorium and patiently wait your turn.  I will call you into the auditorium when I need you and let you know when you are free to go.

BRING YOUR A-GAME!
The competition is tough.  You will need to do absolutely everything to show me that you want to be in this show and can do the role I have you read for at callbacks. 

Need some suggestions of how to be prepared for tomorrow?
-READ & RE-READ the cast of character list
-work on characters - be larger than life!
-speak clearly and not too quickly while reading for me tomorrow
-project your voices so that they fill up the entire theater
-be your character!  I rather have you show me you can be "over the top" than not enough.
-BOYS:  practice a Spanish accent

I am excited to see what you can do on MONDAY!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!

CALLBACK LIST (listed in no particular order):

Madeline Johnson
Caroline Theile
Rain Chou
Ellen Boster
Katie Zackerman
Danielle Naomi Jawwaad
Katie Brown
Quinn Stiefbold
Lauryn Rousseau
Sophie Harrison
Kelsey Jobalia
Tess Young
Terra Forsythe
Anna Zidarescu
Asia Blue Jones
Elizabeth Anderson
Monica Unzueta
Olivia Ardo
Storm Hunn
Maddie Henke
Lucy Walton
Janey Elliott
Ean Casada
Sean Madden
Nolan Morley
Matthew Bonner
Thomas Harmon
Cooper Simmons
Jacob Olausen
Noah Orr
Ian Fridy
Oliver Connelly